Garrett's new GTW3684R dual ball bearing or journal bearing turbocharger. Equipped with an ultra high flow compressor wheel featuring Garrett 8-Blade technology, 4" compressor housing Inlet and 2.5" Outlet With Built in Anti-surge Machining and improved shroud design for Surge Resistance.
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 84mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 62mm
- Compressor Wheel Trim: 54
- Compressor Housing A/R: 0.70 A/R
- Max Flow Rate: 74 lb/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 130000 RPM
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 71
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 62
- Turbine Wheel Trim: 76
- Turbine Housing: T4 In, V-Band Out EWG, Optional A/R
- Ported Shroud Designed for Surge Resistance
- Availablle in both Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing and Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing options
- Forged Fully Machined Billet Compressor Wheel
- Twin-Scroll Turbine Housing
- Lightweight Aluminum Backplate
About Garrett® GTW Series Turbochargers
Garrett® GTW Series Turbochargers were designed to provide budget-minded enthusiasts with a high-performing mid frame product offering available in ball bearing and journal bearing options.
The fully-machined billet aluminum compressor wheels provide optimal horsepower range and boost response. Ported shroud compressor housings increase surge resistance and provide reliable, continuous power throughout the power band. A lightweight aluminum backplate comes standard on all GTW turbochargers and reduces overall weight.
The water cooled CHRA keeps housing temperatures to a minimum. The GTW3476 and GTW3884 turbine wheels are constructed from Inconel, a Super Alloy that maintains strength during prolonged exposure to high exhaust gas temperatures. Turbine kits are offered in open volute and twin scroll, and a variety of A/R and flange configurations. The GTW is a cost effective option for enthusiasts looking to turbocharge their vehicles.